Lahore Session of the Congress (1929 December)
The annual session of the Congress was held at Lahore 1929 where Jawaharlal Nehru was elected the president. The Lahore session of the Congress passed a series of landmark resolutions.
- The Nehru Committee report had lapsed, as dominion status was not acceptable.
- As per the Poorna Swaraj resolution passed at the Lahore Congress the word Swaraj in the Congress Constitution would mean complete independence.
- All future elections were to be boycotted.
- Round Table Conference decided to be held in London would be boycotted.
- Civil Disobedience was to be launched. The Congress Working Committee allowed Gandhi to determine the time, place and issue on which movement was to be launched. Gandhi decided to launch the movement by violating the salt laws at the coast of Dandi, Gujarat.